Frequently Asked Questions
The following are answers to FAQs we receive about membership, CPED programs, and CPED events.
- How do I join CPED?
- What are the benefits and requirements of membership?
- What are the CPED annual membership dues?
- How can I add a colleague to our institutional membership?
- What resources does CPED offer its members?
- What is a CPED Principal Investigator?
- What kinds of events does CPED offer for non-members?
About CPED-Influenced EdD Programs
A one-sized fits all model EdD across our members does not exist. Rather, members design programs that meet their individual institutional needs, student needs and still adheres to the CPED Framework. Our member programs are referred to as CPED-influenced EdD programs.
Across CPED membership…
- What is the average number of credits and courses for EdD programs?
- Do most programs use a cohort design and if so, what is the average cohort size?
- Do most students attend EdD programs with full-time or part time status?
- What are the average attrition rates in CPED-influenced EdD programs?
- What do CPED-influenced EdD graduates do with their degrees?
- What is the timeframe for students to complete their EdD program?
- What types of advising models are used for cohorts?
- What do faculty advisor loads look like?
- How are CPED-influenced EdD programs delivered?
- What are admission requirements for CPED-influenced EdD programs?
- How many CPED member institutions have CAEP accreditation?
About CPED Events & Convenings
- When and where are convenings?
- Are convenings open to non-members?
- Who from our institution should attend a convening?
- Is participation in CPED convenings mandatory?
- Can our institution host a convening?
- What other events does CPED offer?