Call for Nominations: Imig Award
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Posted by: Jill Perry
Call for Nominations for the David G. Imig Award
The CPED David G. Imig Distinguished Service award is presented in recognition of an individual who has demonstrated important contributions to the Vision and Mission of CPED and/or the reclaiming of the EdD as the highest quality professional practice doctorate in education.
Eligibility and Selection
The recipient of this award will be a faculty member, administrator, student or graduate of a CPED member university. The recipient will have contributed significantly to improving the professional doctorate in education (EdD) either at their home institution or within the CPED Consortium.
The Imig Award is presented at the June Convening of CPED. Individuals may not nominate themselves. Any CPED member – student, administrator, faculty or graduates—may be nominated by a fellow colleague.
The selection criteria include evidence of distinguished contributions that advance the CPED Mission and Vision and/or the reclaiming of the EdD through:
- Leadership within CPED or a CPED-influenced program redesign
- Teaching and advising in a CPED-influenced EdD program
- Scholarship related to CPED or a CPED-influenced EdD program
- Demonstration of Scholarly-Practice by CPED-influenced program student or graduate
- Nominator and awardee must both attend June convening to present and receive award
Submission Requirements & Procedure
Applications for this award must include:
- A one-page letter stating the basis for the nomination
- Curriculum Vitae or resume of the nominee
- One or more supporting materials that demonstrate how the nominee meets the criteria listed above.
Material may include letters of support from other colleagues familiar with the nominee’s work, sample publications, course work, syllabi or unique activity/assignment, professional practice demonstration, CPED committee work and additional information on the nominee’s accomplishments. Application materials must be submitted as one .pdf file.
An award committee shall review nominations and a winner will be selected based upon the award criteria. This committee will reserve the right to present this award to multiple candidates on any given year, or conversely, not to present this award should nominees not fully meet the selection criteria.
How: Submit nominations electronically here.
When: Nominations are Due April 22nd 11:59PST