9 CPED Members join Carnegie iLead!
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Posted by: Jill Perry
The Carnegie Foundation & CPED launch iLEAD
This fall, the Carnegie Foundation launched the iLEAD (Improvement Leadership Education and Development) initiative to enhance and extend the efforts of schools of education to incorporate Improvement Science methods and Networked Improvement Communities into their education doctorate programs. iLEAD is designed to further the capacities of institutions of higher education (IHEs) and their local education agency (LEA) partners to enact systematic improvement efforts within their organizations and in partnership with one another.
Applications were submitted in early September and out of the eleven participants, nine* are CPED member institutions.
1. *Fordham University and Mamaroneck Union Free School District
2. University of Virginia and Chesterfield County Public Schools
3. *University of Maryland and Prince George's County Public Schools
4. High Tech High GSE and High Tech High
5. *Indiana University and Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation
6. *George Washington University and Fairfax Country Public Schools
7. *Portland State University and Newberg Public Schools
8. *University of Denver and Denver Public Schools
9. *University of Pittsburgh and University Preparatory School
10. *University of South Carolina and Florence School District One
11. *University of Mississippi and Oxford School District
Over the next year iLEAD participants will engage in four face-to-face meetings and online collaboration to:
• Build leadership, technical, and social capacities for using improvement science in masters and EdD programs;
• Integrate and enhance coursework related to improvement science and NICs in education;
• Collaborate with other leading IHEs and the Carnegie Foundation on problems of
practice and embed that work into educational leadership preparation;
• Strengthen relations with local LEAs by focusing on relevant and pressing needs; and
• Contribute to and draw from a “Teaching Commons” resource-bank of exemplar courses and instructional resources for IHE faculty, programs, and participants.
Congratulations to our CPED Members and their partner organizations! We look forward to learning from your participation.